There are several exchanges that I’ve had multiple times since 2016 that your article reminds me of:
- Trumphater: “Trump lies all the time”
- Me: “Remember when Obama won Politifact’s “Lie of the Year” in 2013?
- Trumphater: “Yes, but Trump has lied (quotes some number from somebody who actually has nothing to do in life but count Trump’s lies) times! That’s far more than Obama!”
- Me: “So, it really doesn’t bother you if your President lies, as long as they don’t do it very often?”
- Trumphater: “Trump an abuser of women!”
- Me: “Tara Reade”
- Trumphater: “Yes, but that’s just one person! Trump’s been accused by (some number provided by the same guy above) women!”
- Me: “So, you really don’t mind if your president abuses women, as long as he doesn’t do it too often?”
And so it goes. The problem is it’s getting worse. We tolerated Clinton’s affairs, we tolerated Bush spinning the begeesus out of the evidence in order to attack Iraq, we tolerated Obama lying to get a major piece of legislation passed, and now we have Trump. Presidential quality continues to decline.
Which makes a mentally impaired swamp creature like Biden who has a LONG history of playing loose with the truth AND women……the perfect next President.