So this is a convincing arguement? that graham… a republican said something stupid years ago…
If you think that’s the argument Rick was making, then you seriously need a course in remedial reading.
The point here is as follows:
- The use of such terminology to refer to certain developing nations is not new in political debates on immigration policy, but….
- ….there has never been such a vituperative reaction until now. And the question is raised….”Why the change?” Well, the thesis being proposed is as follows:
- Sen. Durbin heard the remark, knew that with the confirmation bias of the press fully at work, would use the remark to attack Trump as a racist; all Sen. Durbin had to do is something he is very good at, and that is making the contents of a confidential Oval Office meeting public.
- Sen. Durbin then, in other media, takes the position “Well, if Mr. Trump is NOT racist, all he has to do to prove it is accept my version of DACA without any debate or alteration.”
- So, in that way, Sen. Durbin attempts to force the hand of Mr. Trump. It’s entirely diabolical and heinous, but that pretty much sums up Durbin’s career to a “T”.
To sum up, this is a manufactured situation designed to push through a Democrat priority.
Hope that helps.